Iverhart Max is the latest product of Verbac. It is the perfect medication for keeping your dog free of heartworm. Not only does it prevent the worm for attacking your dog, but it also treats infection. It is mainly consist of three different active ingredients known to efficiently fight parasitic organisms. It gently prevents flatworms, hookworms, and roundworms from attacking your pet. Iverhart Max is available in chewable and soft tablet. Administering the medication is very easy because it has a pleasing smell and taste. Administration of the drug is on a monthly basis. Most veterinarians recommend using this medication. It is best to consult your veterinarian to ensure proper dosing and the right medication for your pet.
- It serves as the protection against different species of worms.
- Easily administered through the help of soft and chewable capsule.
- Highly recommended by veterinarians.
Before starting out any medication, make sure that your dog is examined for any type of existing heartworm infection. You need a prescription from a veterinarian before you can purchase this medication. This medication should never be given to infected dogs. It is advised that you treat your dog first before initiating Iverhart Max therapy. The dosage requirement for the Iverhart Max is dependent on the weight of the pet. The drug is administered orally. Carefully follow the instructions of your veterinarian on the proper dosing and administration of the medication.
- Guaranteed to be effective in the prevention of heartworm. Infected pets must be treated first before starting any Iverhart Max therapy.
- It gently eliminates different forms of parasites like roundworm, tapeworm, and hookworm.
- Conveniently administered because of its appealing flavor.
- To be given once a month basis.
- Proven to be safe to use among puppies, pregnant, and lactating dogs
Reported adverse effects of the drugs include but not limited to limpness, shaky feeling, lethargy, drowsiness, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and licking of the lips. These were observed one to three days following initiating of the treatment. Vomiting can also be observed within the first 24 hours of administration. There were also reported cases of convulsion and ataxia. However, the percentage of these side effects is relatively low. Adverse reactions can be prevented to happen if you will just follow the proper dosage and the proper route of administering the medication. While the drug is very effective, it can also do harm to your dogs, especially if you will not follow the proper dosing given by the veterinarian.